Sunday, January 9, 2011

Booty Pop!

So being a Fairbanks by birth, I was blessed to inherit several unique qualities; lack of body hair, height, athleticism, and other redeemable qualities(clearish skin if Maddie is contributing). I also was blessed with "back". This does not mean junk-in-the-trunk, but rather extended back. It starts at my neck and ends at my legs. I have had this brougt to my attention for years. People have offered remedies such as in increase in collard green consumption, lunges, or a Christmas diet like my cute brother Sam (how many bum bars was it?) I now live in the south-side of Chicago, where I am reminded daily of this missing feature. There is a lot of what Kevin refers to as BAM. That is, when they turn around, it's like BAM, that's a lot of booty!
So this year at the office, we engaged in a Secret Santa gift exchange. I had the best secret Santa. I received gifts every day and they were wonderful. One of my final gifts, was wrapped sitting on my desk when I came in one Friday morning. A note was attached reading: "for you and your husband". Curious I tore open the gift to find a Booty Pop! See below for the ad.




Kevin had actually come to work with me that day so I decided I would slip it on to see what reaction I would
get. Little did I know, I was creating a monster. He didn't say anything all night. When we got home, I grabbed his hand and had him hit my bottom. He
immediately started laughing. Afterwards, he told me that he thought I gained 10lbs. He then decided it was love. He tried to get me to wear it everywhere!
I, still thinking it was a joke, tried to give it away as a White Elephant gift at our family's New Years Eve party. My brother opened it, and I looked over at Kevin only to see such a deflated look on his face. I was in big trouble. It is a good thing on the next turn, my gift was taken and I could act as the "indian giver" and take backy Booty Pop so Kevin can continue his love affair. I guess it's only as deceiving as a padded bra, but I still think it's strange. I can't complain about the extra comfort I'm sitting, but I doubt you'll see me in one on the street.

1 comment:

Lisha said...

that's hillarious! I am seriously sitting here laughing! I too suffer from a flat deriere ... maybe I need some booty pop?