Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's HELP!!!


Valentine's Day.  It is a day for romance, love, and all things mushy.  I love super duper sappy movies, I love to hear about other people's romantic encounters.  I am a sucker for love.  I hate anything that doesn't have a happy ending.   

As much as I love romance, I am not very romantic.  I come by it honestly.  My father was not much of a romantic.  My mother used to say "if he ever bought me flowers, I would think he had cheated on me".  (He did eventually buy her flowers once, because she was gone for over a month).  Therefore, I do not enforce or inspire romance from my darling Kevin.  Don't get me wrong, he does all the right things. Especially when he actually remembers that it is the 14th, not the 15th, which has been a problem every year.  I do get flowers every Valentine's day, even when we weren't in the same place.  We just don't go crazy with exorbitant gifts and getaways.  Do I wish he were more romantic? Maybe when I am romanticizing life, but not really.  It would force me to be more romantic.

So, you might ask, what my Valentine's day plans are. Here is a list of my planned day:  I sent him an e-card.  I am super thoughtful, I know.  I am working out with my new work-out buddy after I get done at work. He gets to feast on left-overs for dinner (probably alone), and he has a basketball game tonight. I will likely be asleep when he gets back because I have to get up early for work.

 SO, here is where I need your help. I love this guy, I'd like to show him, but I realize I am Pathetic.  Please, give me some ideas of how I can make-up for my lack of romantic ambitions.  Give me some ideas (mind you they have to be cheap...remember, ultra frugal husband).  I have a long weekend this week, so I have a few days that I can plan a late V-day celebration.

To wrap things up, I want to mention how lovable my darling Kevin is. Aside from being so hot that he still makes me weak in the knees and gives me butterflies, he also has other redeemable qualities.   He is far more thoughtful than I am .  He is sweet, kind, compassionate, really logical, almost as funny as I am, smart, and did I mention Hot? He is the LOVE of my life.  I think I'll keep him.
           

No comments: