Thursday, October 4, 2012

Summer Vacay-Part 1-Canada

Lets start with another dialogue from my darling husband.  Warning***It may be slightly offensive to some of you, so you can skip it if you want. 

Kevin-"Is it weird that you are half female and half male?"
Me-"I'm pretty sure I am still fully female.  I just have a little man growing inside of  me"
Kevin-"So that makes you like a transgender"
Me-"Nope, I haven't changed anything"
Kevin-"Is it weird to have a penis inside of you?"
Me-"I guess if  I didn't like it, I wouldn't be pregnant"
That got him to shut-up. 

So, back in the end of July, we were able to go spend some time in Canada.  Kevin got really upset when I suggested I go home and play with my family while he studied for the Bar exam. I guess he now not so secretly LOVES Canada and knows that it is so much fun. So, he met me out there straight from finishing his 3 day testing from hell to enjoy a blissful 10 day party with the best party planner I know, Jackie! Now, I have 1000s of pictures, so please bear with me.  This is an extremely long post, and there will be plenty more to come, but I would understand if you give up part-way through. 

We got in super late on Friday night/Saturday morning so we decided to take it easy the first day.  It also didn't help that all that travel made me puffier than the Michelin man! We headed up to Waterton to ride bikes, picnic, and play on the beach, oh yes, and an evening Kayak!. 
 Building Tee pees and  log cabins at driftwood beach
Me and Jackie. Its a really good think they cut out my sexy cankles, I know you would all be jealous. 
 Cameron Lake- Kevin thought it looked like Lord of the Rings.  
 This part of the lake was in America.  The snow and ice was not in Alberta. 


Sunday was a day of rest, we just hung out with the family, but on Monday, Jackie had other plans.  We got up early and took off to Iceberg Lake in Glacier national park.  It was a lovely hike, and not too far, although Kevin did manage to get some nasty blisters on his feet in some of the strangest places.  

 Basin of Iceberg Lake.  A little family photo with the fetus. 
 Bear Grass. It only blooms every 5 years. 
 Walking across the Glacier. 
 View of one of the Glacial lakes
 Glacier water is SOOOO cold!
Jackie worked really hard to get Kevin to pose with the bear grass that looks like anatomical body parts. Here is the only successful picture. 

The next day, we went on a Kayak trip to rest our little feet. 
 Doesn't Kevy make his skirt look manly
 the crew
 I am not sure which one of us this is, but good action shot Jackie!
And, it wouldn't be Canada without seeing a beaver!

Well, this is what happens when you don't blog about your adventures right away. We kayaked and then hiked.. I got my days mixed up.  Then, we went to writing on stone to float and play in the hoodoos. 
 Robyn finally got what was coming to her when Sam tackled her over with all her tubes. 
 Hiking in the hoodoos

 floating down the milk river.  

So after we had wonderful burns, it was time to get out of the sun.  We decided to go mountain biking in Waterton to Wall Lake. 

 This is Kevin's all time favorite picture.  I could hear Jackie using her "surprised" word quite loudly ahead of me as I watched her fall in slow motion. Disclaimer- It would not be funny if she were hurt.  
 Jackie made me dismount for all bridges.  I think she thinks I am clumsy or something.  I only did it because of the fetus. 
 Action shot of Kevy. 
 Wall Lake

 Waterton Lake
Prince of Whales hotel. 

Well, we were rested, so it was time to hike the leisurely trail to the Garden Wall. Kevin still had blisters, but he needed to suck it up.  It was going to be 80degrees according to Jackie (remind me not to trust her again) so we headed out to the top of the Going to the Sun Road.  Well, as previously stated, we will not trust Jackie again.  There was fresh snow at the top of the pass, and it was a whopping 39degrees. Almost 80 right? So after we went on a wild goose chase to get Kevin a coat, we finally started our hike.  Even if it was cold, it was beautiful.  
 The very famous Goose Island in St. Mary's lake. 
 Kevin loved his reflection pictures.  We had to pull over at every single roadside turnout. 

 Walking through the mist at the Garden Wall


 Bighorn Sheep
 Grizzly Bear. 

 The Chalet
 Overlooking Logan's Pass
One of our little mountain goat friends frolicking near the road. 

So after I, being 6mos pregnant, nearly had to carry Kevin down the mountain because of his blisters. It was a good day for Kayaking again.  This was a 25 mile trip, and apparently we need to go earlier next year to get some REALLY good rapids, but it was still so fun. 

 Lloydy got to make it out with us on this trip!

That's me and the fetus.  Good action shot Jackie!

Well, we couldn't just waste a day and get on a plane, so we left early and went up to Banff before we flew out to California, part 2 of our vacation. 




 Best Hosts ever! Thank you again for showing us such a fabulous time!


Well if you made it to the end, you can see why I have procrastinated my blogging.  Stay tuned for Part 2 of our Vacay. and then for our series of The America tour. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cool! Such beautiful pictures. Love kevin's dialogue! Hope all is well with the two and a half of you!