Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Break in The Monotony.

So other then my cleaning, reorganizing, and beach days, life here has slowed down a bit.  It is raining today, so I can't even do my usual Saturday routine of gym, beach, nap and movie so I will mix it up and blog.  It is a good thing I like myself, or I would be going crazy this summer. I think I have exhausted Hulu's reality TV section, I am even caught up on Chad Ocho Cinco's new show 'The Ultimate Catch' and NO, it is NOTHING like the Bachelor.  They do have a new show coming out Aug 9th that I am so excited about. The Bachelor Pad with all my old Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants.  I know there will be some amazing drama. The Weather man...Craig....Wes. The only way they could have cast it any better would have been if they could have got Bevin and Erika back.
As of today,  I have officially reached the half-way point of Kevin's internship, but a break in the monotony is coming! Jackie is coming to visit ME this time! She is here for a week starting tomorrow and then Bev will be here shortly after that. Let the fun begin!
On a different note, back a month or so ago, Kevy and I were FINALLY getting some time together since he was officially on break and we could actually go and do things.  We decided to check out a few other things in our city and had lots of fun doing it.
Even before we moved out here people told me I HAD to check out the Taste of Chicago.  It is a festival they have every year featuring the different foods the city has to offer with vendors from all over. They have live entertainment and it lasts for 2 weeks.  Kevy and I braved the crowds and I took public transportation for the first time in the city and I even lived through it.

We checked out an orchestra who was playing all sorts of American music. (It was the 3rd of July).

And then we went and watched the Steve Miller Band play.  I am pretty sure I was high. I haven't seen so much weed at a concert....ever.
.

The day before, Kevin came up to work with me and we actually had time to go out on a date...We first checked out the Botanical Garden and then yes, dinner and a movie.
Kevykins loved his square trees.

Kevin was our navigator. It was a beautiful place and even had and Alberta Spruce Bonsai tree. So I approved.

I laughed out loud when I looked at this picture. Its so cheesy. I do cheesy really well though

We explored for a couple hours of and I managed to sweat off about 30lbs...I am not a fan of humidity. What was I thinking living out here. I have learned a valuable lesson. I would rather it be 110 F in dry heat, then 85 F with humidity. I get out of the shower and never dry off. I am ALWAYS sticky. I miss summer in the west. Give me dry heat any day.

3 comments:

Bev said...

Can't wait to play with you and see your amazing new city! Oh there are good times to be had Catherine Mary!

Marianne and James said...

oh WOW! I too have enjoyed the tastiness of Chicago a few years back when my sister lived there. I still remember it.......so many fun things to do there. Miss you!

LindsayB said...

i wish i could come to chicago and have you be my hostess with the mostest. but i'm confused. it's sounds like you live in some sort of ghetto, yet obam is your neighbor in the ghetto? a true man of the people? i can tell you really enjoy him either way.