Sunday, July 11, 2010

CLASSY

So, once upon a time, I asked my mother why I wasn't more well-rounded. Her response, "You play lots of different sports".  Needless to say, I am a little backwards, a little small town, and I might not be very cultured. I am now working on this...a little bit.  My cute husband has decided to refine me.  I am a diamond in the rough, really rough.  He is way ahead of me in all these areas he is into classic literature, art, music (not just pop), history, and all things cultured. He is even into pop culture and sports, so I don't have an excuse.  He's so perfect it almost makes me look bad. 
Anyways, I now have reading assignments (he has not required a book report...yet) these books are ranging from classic literature, strategy, and up next, philosophy. I am so thrilled...or something.  He is cute though.  We have also had the opportunity to go to a few museums.  I think cultured people do that, so I am well on my way.  Watch out! I'll be coming to a country club near you some day soon!
 
Our main purpose of this museum is to see the frozen baby mammoth they found in Russia a little while ago. 
This is Sue. She is the most complete T-Rex skeleton ever found...or so they claim.
We've been really tapping into Kevin's Native American roots lately
It's a real mammoth tusk
There she is! Lilyuh.  She died of inhaling some anthrax derivative. She is a real mini mammoth (not a pygmy mammoth, just a baby)

There was a really impressive Ancient American exhibit there. They had the most amazing masks, headdresses, totem poles, and all sorts of native artifacts
I liked this creepy totem pole thing
So the next day, was a free day at the aquarium.  Not quite as cultured, but I am fascinated by oceanic animals. Cute Kevy with the Jelly's
When we had a TV, Kevin's favorite show was river monsters. He wants to catch one of these things. I think they are creepy.
It was a gorgeous, sunny day.  Quite an anomaly for Chicago. So we went for a walk.
Kevin in front of the Field Museum
The museum campus has some of the best views of the Chicago skyline!
People just put bizarre "art" all over the parks here. Can you find Kevin's legs?

A shout-out to the Hawks!! How cool that I live in the city of a team that won a title! That has never happened before.  The closest would have been the Sharks last year, but they know how to choke! Chicago was so proud of them that they dress all sorts of things up in hawks gear. Here a just a few things we saw on our museum day.  Unfortunately, we never made it up to the United Center to see Jordan in full uniform, including skates.
Look closely. The baby has a jersey on!
Go Hawks!
Even the lions at the art museum celebrate!

No comments: