Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Camper


What does it mean to be a "happy camper"?  Well, Kevin and I went on a camping trip this last weekend, and I have yet to decide if I was a "happy camper" or not.  The being outdoors, campfire, hiking, and the scenery were all divine.  Unfortunately, the camping/sleeping portion of the the trip was sub par.  You see, my darling husband purchased a tent, but not just any tent.  It was the "Lone Elk".  Now Kevin and I are over 6'0" tall and I would not describe either of us as petite, but the Lone Elk, was a 1-man tent.  Needless to say, I didn't sleep.  I think my sister-in-law is on to something.  She claims camping to her is staying in a Motel 6.  I think I will be in charge of our next camp out and then, I WILL be a happy camper.
Our camping location was Sleeping Bear Dunes in Northern Michigan. It was gorgeous.  The weather was incredible, as in 80s, the scenery was pristine; peak fall colors, sandy beaches, gorgeous water, and Kevin's new favorite thing, dune grass.  Thanks to Kevin, I have over 550 pictures, but I will only share a few so I don't bore you.

 


1 comment:

Mike said...

i have wanted to do a trip like this since we got here. looks like an amazing location. and dune grass is amazing stuff. i'm glad you guys were able to get away for a bit.