Thursday, October 6, 2011

To Quit or not to Quit?.....That is the question.

I decided I should be healthier.  I am taking my multivitamins more regularly, watching what I eat, thinking about exercising....but is THIS something I am willing to give up.  I can't decide.  I decided that I am not addicted. I checked. I have over a week without having it, but I just really enjoy a cold can of pure divinity.  It's been like a companion to me for so long. What do you think? Just for the taste of it. I feel like I might lose a sense of self.
Quitting might take some convincing.

5 comments:

Bev said...

You can do it Cath! Believe it or not i quit a year ago, and now i only have it once in a while when i'm having a crappy day, out to eat, or just bc i'm layin' by the pool and it's a necessity(those 2 go hand in hand). So i say do it, it's all around a better healthier decision :)

Robyn said...

sell out

LindsayB said...

i have memories from my childhood of jackie cracking open a diet coke first thing in the morning and thinking what the?! now i know jackie, now i know. as i sit here sipping my own full flavored non diet soda telling myself i am not addicted either, i would most likely strangle anyone who dared take it away from me. derek goes through phases where he'll quit for a while. he quit for a month before his marathon and he said he didn't feel any different so what's the point?

this and that...now and then said...

I gave it up years ago- but I like Dr. Pepper with pizza, so who am I to say. Still confused about aspartame- is it the boggy man or not???

Brooke said...

Fairbanks and Diet cokes just go together. I'm totally a diet dr pepper drinker, and I've quit a few times just to convince myself I'm not addicted. I think, why deny yourself of such a simple pleasure? Plus I really can't get passed that 3pm lull at work without it.