Sunday, May 20, 2012

Yup, I am married to a lawyer

Kevin just finished his last law school class. He only has finals and the bar exam left. I am proud, relieved, and impressed that he stuck it out. The other day, to my dismay, he did demonstrate some of his vast knowledge of the law. So last week I casually asked him what he got me for Mother's Day. He looked at me, and without hesitation went on to cite Roe vs Wade. "According to the US Supreme Court, your fetus cannot be viable out of the womb, so it isn't a life, therefore I guess you are not a mother." I didn't know whether to be proud he learned something, or slap him, so I did the latter.

6 comments:

Jennie Holt said...

what?? that is fantastic! you are gonna be the best mom ever! congrats!!

Barbie Madsen said...

I am so excited for you!! We will have to plan an awesome baby shower!! See you tomorrow!

Brooke said...

Congrats, you just had to sneak it in there. Also, I wish I was married to lawyer, but unfortunately, I married to schoolaholic so 3 more years before I can say that.

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

Oh Congrats on the baby! And congrats to Kevin for sticking through law school!

LindsayB said...

well i am just so happy for you guys! i'm going to go ahead and be pretty sure that in the 2 seconds kevin looked sage's way at christmas, it put him over the top and he just had to have one! good luck with being done school (for now...) moving and growing that baby!

Susie said...

wahoo congrats to you guys!! Yep he sounds so smart you wanna slap him. Good luck! `