Sunday, January 11, 2009

Miss Me?

I have writers block. I have had it for 2 months now. that is my excuse for not blogging. kevin says it doesnt matter since no one reads my blog except for me, but i'll humor myself and blog away. We had quite the holiday.I'll give you the reader's digest version. We went to Portland on Dec. 19th for Kevy's sister Erica's Wedding. The wedding was on the 20th and then we were going to leave the 21st, fly back to california and then fly out later that night to Canada for Christmas. So we made it to Portland only 2 hours late and got ready for the big day. It was a beautiful winter wedding. Everything was wonderful, except for the weather. It started snowing before we got there and didn't stop during our time there. People in Portland don't usually get snow. It seemed like the entire city was in a state of emergency (I mean c'mon its only a little snow). That, however, was not the worst of it. Later that night, we got an ice storm everything was encased in over an inch of ice and the entire airport was shutting down. No flights were coming in or out that night. So after sitting on hold for hours with Air Canada (I am still really mad at them and am going to write a letter) I was still not able to get through and talk to anyone. We decided we might as well head to the airport and try our luck getting on our flight. Our luck ran out on our way to the airport, we our flight was cancelled. No flights that day were leaving, so we all loaded into a couple cars and headed out back to California. It was a cozy drive, and the weather was great after a hundred miles or less. I successfully got our flight changed after a few more hours on hold to leave the next day to canada. Poor Kevy did not get a warm welcome. Instead, he stepped out of the airport into -30 C. I guess my hopes of moving home were dashed right then and there. We had a wonderful, very short trip home. Here are a couple pics



















2 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Ok. It's official. I'm a creepy stalker and I found your blog. And I'm sad the dress poll is over because I vote for...dang it.. I think it was 5. Ha. your probably even married already. Except maybe you would have blogged about that. I'm sorry about the -30 weather. Pretty sure I'm never going to live in Canada either.
becca t

DeAnna said...

Glad your Christmas turned out good after all the time it took to get home! I don't I could get my hubby to ever move anywhere warmer!! He is one of those "love the cold" people. Good luck with the writers block.