Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Men, Cars, and Friends






You know what they say-Men are like parking lots, all the good ones are taken, the rest are too small or handicapped....well, I got the last good one. I swooped in and got prime parking. I love my Kevy. So, we have now made it 2 years! Happy anniversary to us yesterday. We have really got to spend much more than time together than just that. We have been together for almost 5 years now and have had so much fun. Some of you know, but I am not sure ALL of you have our 1st meeting story. I get to tell the whole story since I have sole power of the blog.

It was a dark, but not so stormy night... my good friend Alicia decided that I needed a good man in my life. She didn't like any of the guys I had gone out with and thought I needed a good man to distract me. She decided she would doll me up and take me out for a night on the town.

If any of you know me, this might not be the best tactic. I am deathly afraid of strangers "stranger danger" and would rather die before looking desperate in front of a male. I tried to explain this to her, but she ignored me. Thank goodness too eh.

We searched high and low. We went all over Provo in search of a tall-dark and handsome man. After hours of torture, I finally convinced her that we should give up our search. It was still early enough, we could get a movie and then go back to my place and relax. So, we headed over to Blockbuster (this dates the story now that they are obsolete). We walked in. and the background music started, there he was. Alicia saw him and started in on me immediately. She was a woman on a mission. She kept urging "go talk to him". I of course refused. I even tried the excuse that I thought I was taller (it usually works). After arguing or a couple minutes, i had to satisfy her, I walked by him. He WAS taller! Unfortunately, he had his hood up, so I couldn't get a good look at him. He had nice shoulders, but if she thought I was going to talk to him she was kidding herself.

She told me that if I did not give him my number she would not give me a ride home. (empty threat, I lived a block and a half from blockbuster...I could walk!) So, after arguing for about 5 min. she let me into the car. She sat down, fiddled with her keys, grabbed a piece of paper, and bolted back inside. I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks (I blush pretty easily) I was mortified. I slunk down in my seat hoping that she was not doing what I knew that she was. She did. She gave him my number. She told him I was too shy.

Well, that smart man, made the smartest move he ever could have made. He called! I made the bravest move ever, and actually returned the call (of course with her sitting next to me coaching me). The rest is history. Thanks Leesh. Best friend ever!

4 comments:

Lisha said...

awwwwww! so cute :) congrats on your anniversary!

Bev said...

Seriously best story ever of how two people met! Congrats Cath and to many more splendid years for you guys!

LindsayB said...

i've never heard your story! just perfect, i love it. i hate when people ask me my 'story' because when 2 raymond people hook up, there is no story...

Marianne and James said...

HOLY CANOLY! TWO years already! It really is a fabulous story. I LOVE IT! We love K-Fed too....I'm glad that he loves his HOT CHICATITA TOO. Miss you tons!