Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thawing

Its starting.  On the way home from the gym the other day, I saw a daffodil that wanted to bloom so badly.  Spring wants to start, and we have had a few days where it even felt like we were on our way.  We have taken advantage of a couple of those.  Kevin just finished his spring break, and this quarter looks like it will allow me to see more of my husband than justbthe back of his head as he studies. 
 
One day a couple weeks ago, while Kevin was on break, we were able to go up to the Adler Planetarium.  Kevin and I were not too impressed, but it was nice to get out of the house and walk around outside on a beautiful day here in Chicago.  They were offering a free day, so it was quite busy and Kevin and I were able to spend the day with like 50 school field trips, and every homeless person that wanted to use a clean bathroom and get inside somewhere.

There was not much to see.  This was the largest telescope there and the only picture we took inside.  If you know my Kevin, you know that it must have been REALLY bad.

It is located in the best place to view the city. So we hung out for a minute and enjoyed the sunshine.

Kevin and I were so excited to see the sun and have it be warm enough that we didn't need our winter coats.  This tease lasted for about 2 days before it started snowing again.

This is some astrological thing...

Today, we got to head downt to the Garfield Conservatory.  Kevin's love for taking photos returned and I have over 100 pictures from our 1.5 hour visit

It was the spring blooming event, so you can imagine what a good time he was having taking pictures and planning our future garden.  I think I will have to spend all of my days in the yard if he gets all the things he wants.

The flowers were very pretty and they were certainly blooming

Our next stop was supposed to be for lunch at the Signature Room.  It is at the top of the John Hancock building on the 96th floor.  We got to the bottom of the elevator, but without reservations, it was going to be a long day.

Since I am an SNL "super fan", and love and "Da Bears", so we opted to try a restaurant that involves a lot of SNL skits, and a bit of Chicago black magic and mythology.  Before the Cubs had the Bartman curse, there was a Billy Goat. Click Here to learn more about that. Its a funny story.

The restaurant is in the lower part of Chicago, under the Magnificent Mile.  It is not so magnificent down there. You'll feel like you're on the Batman set.

The Cheezborgers were not impressive, but now I can check it off my list of things to do while I am here.

Just a sunny day outside of  the Water Tower.  It was the only thing that didn't burn during The Great Chicago fire.

We love our city, and I love it even more when Kevin gets to come enjoy it with me.

1 comment:

Marianne and James said...

What a fun day...wish I could visit & play with you! Miss you lots. The "D" room misses you a lot :)