Tuesday, May 24, 2011

July 23-24

Kevin sent me an email the other morning.  One of his friends is competing in a "Tough Mudder" challenge.  I had heard about this ridiculousness a few days earlier and thought it was insane.  After researching it, I am sort of intrigued.  So, the fates must have aligned and today, there is a Groupon to enter.


It is not a race, or so they claim. It is a challenge.  If I had to compare it to something, I think I would compare it to American Gladiators on steroids.  It is a 10 mile obstacle course doing military obstacles, run through fire, slide through mud with barbed wire above your head, and to finish it off running through live electrical wires carrying a 10,000 V charge.
In order for you to get the full idea of what this challenge entails, here is a link to the map with all of the obtacles.


If you are not convinced yet, these are some of their FAQ:


Do I really get one beer?

Yes. The registration fee includes one beer for participants 21 and over, which can be collected after the conclusion of the event.


Are you really giving out Tough Mudder tattoos?

Tattoos of our logo for anyone tough enough to want one will be available for $70. Send your receipt to info@toughmudder.com and we’ll give you a free entry to a Tough Mudder of your choice in 2011. Customize it by having the event date and location put on–keep adding as you go to record all your epic Mudder adventures.
 
Does anyone want to join me?

No comments: